Development Programme - Winter 2017/18 - BOOK NOW!
After the continued success of the Development Programme we are delighted to announce its return for 2017/18.The programme will follow the model of Somerset Cricket Board's highly successful county age group system which has seen players such as Jos Buttler progress to international stardom.
To enable players from all over Somerset to benefit from the programme we have scheduled courses at two premier venues: The Centre of Excellence (Taunton) and Merchant's Academy (Bristol & North Somerset).
The Development Programme will:
- Improve the standard of young players throughout the county to provide them with greater opportunities to succeed in school, club, district and county age group cricket.
- Nurture the skills of cricketers across the county and give players the opportunity to fulfil their potential within Somerset’s player pathway.
- Provide children between the ages of six and fifthteen with an appropriate course for their age and ability at a suitable time of the year.
- Provide players with the opportunity to develop their cricket skills and understanding of the game, encouragining a lifelong passion for cricket to grow.
- Develop players technical, tactical, physical and mental skills.
- Ensure player coach ratios will be kept to a maximum of 6:1 to ensure players have the best opportunitiy to succeed on the course. Each course is limited to 24 people
For more information about the programme please CLICK HERE
In the four years since the inception of the programme over 30 players have gone on to represent a Somerset age group team and well over 100 have played in our District cricket programme.
4th November | 11th November | 2nd December | 9th December | 16th December (2017)
6th January | 13 January | 20th January | 27th January | 3rd February (2018)
To book your place on the programme please follow the appropriate link below:
|Venue||Age Group||Time||Course Cost||No. of Spaces||To Book|
|MERCHANTS ACADEMY||6-9||2-3pm||£90||18||Click here|
|MERCHANTS ACADEMY||13-15||12-1:30pm||£130||18||Click here|
If you have any questions please call 01823 352266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org