To apply for Chance to Shine Funding please CLICK HERE
We would like to invite cricket clubs in Somerset to apply for Chance to Shine (CTS) funding that can be used to deliver cricket sessions in local Primary Schools.
CTS is a National Cricket Charity that gives schools the opportunity to access cricket and provides valuable community links with the aim of creating a sustainable pathway for children from the school to cricket club.
We are looking for clubs who need support in boosting their junior numbers, setting up a new junior section, girls section or an All Stars Centre.
Funding and hours available:
We have funding to support a number of clubs. The majority of this will be through our Community Coaches working on behalf of the Cricket Club, however there is limited funding for clubs to use their own coach to deliver in schools.
We are entering the second year of the new Chance to Shine offer. There are two options: a ‘Full Schools Programme’ or a ‘Cricket Roadshow’. They involve the following:
New Schools Programme (coach-led) – to provide a full programme of activity offering a deep engagement with both pupils and teachers: (14-18 hours delivery)
- School Induction (1hr) – coach liaising with PE contact/teacher via phone/email. Face to face meeting to discuss programme etc.
- Assembly (1hr) – inspirational introduction to programme (format provided)
- Play (6hrs per class, 12hrs in total) – playground sessions following set programme for both KS1 and KS2, including intra-competition
- Learn (1hr per class, 2hrs in total) – classroom session using new digital resources - coach to support teacher at first session
- Progress (2hrs) – festival/competition at local Cricket Club/All Stars Centre
Cricket Roadshows (coach-led) – to promote schools programme (including teacher ambassador programme) and links to community activity: (4 hours per school)
- School induction (1hr per school) – coach liaising with PE contact/teacher via phone/email. Face to face meeting to discuss programme etc.
- Assembly (1hr per school) – inspirational introduction to cricket (format provided)
- Taster sessions (2hrs per school) – inspirational playground session, available for KS1 and KS2 (3 x 40 minute taster sessions)
Clubs can apply to work with a maximum of 3 schools, this can be a combination of Full Schools Programme and/or Cricket Roadshows.
Clubs can apply regardless of whether they have a coach available or not. The SCB will support as many clubs as possible, but depending on the number of applications received we may have to prioritise the clubs with most need.
If a club wishes to use their own coach to deliver in schools the coach will need to attend a training day/evening (date, time and venue TBC). This is a condition of CTS funding therefore coaches that don’t attend this session will not be permitted to deliver on the programme, even if they have previously delivered in the past.
Coaches must be a minimum of Level 2 qualified and hold an in-date ECB DBS, First Aid and SPC certificate. Without one of these they will be unable to deliver in schools.
Coaches will be paid £17 per hour inclusive of all expenses.
How to apply:
Simply complete the ‘2019 SCB Chance to Shine Club Application Form’ and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th November 2018. Due to a limited number of hours available to clubs it is crucial that this application form contains as much information as possible. Forms sent in that don’t contain sufficient information may not be successful.
Process and Key Dates
- Club Application Deadline – Friday 30th November 2018
- Clubs notified - by Friday 7th December 2018
- Club ‘Project Manager’ to meet Scott Chappell by Friday January 18th 2019
- Club coach attends Coach Training (TBC)
- Clubs agree timetables and sessions with schools by Friday 1st March 2019
- Coach delivers the programme in schools any time from Monday 23rd April 2019 onwards
If you have any questions or would like to meet to discuss your ideas/plan/options please don’t hesitate to either email email@example.com or call 01823 352266.