Are you interested in starting a women cricket section in your club? We can help you!
Why have a women’s section?
Below are a few reasons some of our past Active8 clubs have cited…
- New players, both male and female
- Improved social events – more people attending
- Increase in revenue from membership & bar takings
- More volunteers
- Created a real family feel to the club
- A vibrant club/more energy
- More people watching the men’s XI!
What is Active8?
Active8 cricket is our support to local cricket clubs to help them kick start a women’s section in their club.
We are offering;
- 8 Weeks SCB coaching
- Marketing material to promote the session
- Active8 Softball kit bag
- Introductory softball cricket festival opportunities
Our cricket club is interested, what next?
- All clubs who are interested need to complete an online application by the end of January (successful clubs will be informed in early February)
- Want to discuss and find out more? Attend a roadshow, book here
- All clubs need to make a commitment to invest time into promoting the programme
- All clubs need to supply a nominated person who can work with our coach to develop and take the new section forward
- All clubs to attend a festival
- All clubs to provide a suitable space/facility for a regular women’s training session