The festivals are partly aimed at women who haven’t played cricket before and bringing teams together for a day full of fun packed social cricket which includes friendly matches, camaraderie, food and music.
To enter a festival, all you need to do is find seven other women, form a team and register! It’s that simple! All abilities are welcome and the equipment will be provided. Team registrations are completely free of charge. These festivals are ideal for clubs who have new players who want to experience cricket in a fun, safe and social environment!
What’s the deal then?
The game is played with a softer ball (hard foam centre), so it means no pads, helmets etc are required! The rules are very simple and designed to get every team member involved! In your team of eight, each pair bat for two overs (12 balls) and if you given out, your team simply loses five runs, but remain in! Ideally each player in your team will bowl; overarm, or underarm!
Each team that enters will receive:
– A Softball festival T-shirt
– Lots of Fun
Typically available on the day:
– Food and drink including BBQ
Where is my nearest festival?
Look out for our festivals to be listed in early 2020
Bubbles & Bats Festivals
Our Bubbles and Bats Programme is a great social introduction to softball cricket. Bubbles & bats is ideal women who can muster a team of work-mates, coerce a team of friends or persuade your sport team to try a new activity! With teams of six players competing in a fun, fast and friendly game, is there a better way to spend an evening. To enter our Bubbles & Bats Festival each team is required to pay £15 on arrival at the festival. For the entry fee, each team will receive
- A bottle of prosecco for their team – presented at the end of the evening
- Women’s softball player T-Shirt
- A wonderful evening of cricket!
Trophies awarded on the night for; Catch, Shot and Ball of the Day, as well Team of the day!
All equipment is provided, all you need to do is arrive as a team of six, wearing something that is comfortable and suitable for some physical activity!
Where is my nearest Bubbles & Bats Festival?
Look out for our list of Bubbles and Bats Festivals in early 2020
Bubbles & Bats Rules
- Games are played in a social and friendly manner
- A team is six players
- Players bat in pairs
- Each batting pair faces two overs between them (12 balls)
- Each person bowls an over (6 balls) overarm or under arm
- Each time a player is ‘out’ the team loses 5 runs, but the batter remains ‘in’ and continues to bat for the duration of the 12 balls
- A player can be given ‘out’ by being bowled, caught, stumped, run out or hitting their own wicket!
- YOU MUST HAVE FUN!!