The Somerset Cricket Board Coaches Association (SCBCA) is the county’s arm of the national England and Wales Cricket Board Coaches Association (ECBCA).
The Somerset Coaches Association (SCA) is an active and vibrant organisation, which is run to benefit all coaches in Somerset.
We hope that you will find the events and information detailed below of interest and that they will encourage you to become involved with our Association and develop your coaching. Should you have any feedback or suggestions regarding any aspect of the Associations activities then please let us know, we will welcome your comments.
Have a look at the opportunities that we are offering below and we will look forward to welcoming you to one of our CA events in the future.
For more information and booking please visit the Coaches Association workshops page.
The ECB require help to test the new Coaching Ambassador programme!
Up to x5 people from Somerset clubs who would be advocates for coaching. First come first served.
For more information and sign up please visit: https://www.ecb.co.uk/be-involved/coaching/coaching-ambassador
ECB Coach Awards 2019
We have great pleasure in announcing details of the 2018 ECB Coach Awards.
YOUNG COACH OF THE YEAR (25 OR UNDER)
A young person who is already making a difference? Who’s already passing on their enthusiasm for the game and inspiring the next generation of players?
- demonstrated a commitment to developing the game at grass roots and community level.
- has had a clear impact with a local school or club.
- has shown creativity and determination in their development as a coach
COACH OF THE YEAR
There are thousands of qualified coaches in clubs and schools up and down the country. Who goes the extra mile? Who makes a difference to you or your players, club or school? Who’s your coaching hero?
- inspires and supports individual player development.
- creates and delivers enjoyable and effective coaching sessions.
- uses innovation and inspirational coaching methods which have significantly improved player and team performances.
COACHING CLUB OF THE YEAR
The club that demonstrates a real commitment to player development, encouraging a wide range of people to become coaches and helping existing coaches to improve within a safe, enjoyable and supportive environment for coaches and players. Presented to one named representative of the club.
A club that:
- welcomes and encourages people into coaching regardless of background.
- actively promotes the development of coaches within a safe and supportive environment.
- provides players with the quality and quantity of coaching that they require.
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO COACHING
This person has been at the heart of things seemingly forever. They have probably played every role there is to play and without them cricket coaching in your club, in your league, your county or at your school just wouldn’t be the same or just would happen at all.
- Provide administrative support and/or the development of coaching.
- Supports the development and growth of coaches and or Coaches Association’s.
- Has increased the number of coaches and or player participation.
HOW TO ENTER
- Anyone can make nomination.
- Entry is free.
- Entries must be in by Friday 31st May .
- Everyone will be contacted and those shortlisted will be invited to an awards event in Autumn 2019.
- Please read the Privacy Statement (see below).
- Simply complete the online form by clicking on the link below.
- County winners will be judged by the relevant County staff/board and the overall winners will be judged by an ECB panel.
CLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY TO GO TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Young Coach of the Year– Click Here
Coach of the Year– Click Here
Coaching Contribution of the Year – Click Here
Coaching Club of the Year– Click Here
ECBCA Clothing 2019
- 40% off New Balance ECB clothing, including the “member only” ECB Coaches Association range.
- 10% off the vast range of Fearnley kit and equipment*, plus free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Once you have set up an account on the New Balance site, you should type ‘ECB’ into the ‘Clubs, Teams and Unis’ section and select the ‘ECB Coaches Association’ page. Then, enter your ECB member number in the Discount Code box when purchasing to claim your discount.
For Fearnely – use the discount code ECBCA10 once you’ve set up your account.
Full Member (£30 per year)
- To hold a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Award or an ECB Level 1 NCA Teaching Award
- An up-to-date ECB DBS Check – contact your County Cricket Board to begin an application
Associate Member (£25 per year)
There are no criteria to become an associate member, it is open to everyone interested in cricket coaching.
Both full and associate members must abide by the ECB Coaches Code of Conduct. Click here for details.
To apply for membership
Please complete the ECB Coaches Association application form (PDF), which can be downloaded and returned by post.
Any problems/questions, please call us on 0121 440 4332.
Join today and access the benefits on icoachcricket
Wings to Fly
- Access to the latest thinking from top coaches and players around the world, at all levels of the game
- Access practical ideas to apply to your everyday coaching. Challenge your thinking and practice while observing other coaches and their approach. Gain a unique, behind-the-scenes insight into the leading top coaches and players in the world
- Never be short of ideas and ways of delivering really interesting and enjoyable coaching sessions
- Easily digestible chapters for simplicity of use
- Up-to-date coaching methods and styles presented by top coaches and players
- Coaches Matter bulletins provide easily interpreted technical information and practices for coaches to share with players
- A poster for you to display at your club or school
Hitting the Seam
- Practical ideas and practices for you to use
- Community and elite coaching news updates
- ECB CA Support Centre and membership updates
- Cricket reports from the ECB
- Technical bulletin round-ups
- Articles on coaching
Mini-programmes and series designed to support your coaching
ECB CA Forum
- Communicate and share with other ECB CA members online
If you are a full member of the ECB CA you will receive specialist insurance, which includes:
- Public Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property – £5,000.000 – limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions – £10,000,000 – limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident – A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures – £300
- Legal Expenses – Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline – Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year
If you need to update or amend your membership details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org