The Somerset Cricket Grounds Association’s (SCGA) principle aim is to work in partnership with appropriate individuals, suppliers and agencies to develop both groundskeepers and playing surfaces for all clubs, schools and facilities affiliated to the SCB.
The Somerset Cricket Grounds Association (SCGA) is here to do the following:
- To improve the standard of cricket pitches throughout the county
- To improve the standard of groundskeeper education
The Association is responsible within Somerset for:
- Groundkeeper Development, including training courses, networking opportunities and ongoing learning
- Offering the use of specialist machinery through the use of the SCB Trailer
- Offering, via SCGA Pitch Advisors, a range of chargeable services with a clear schedule of charges
- Offering local support, help and advice – website and telephone
- Providing, through the SCGA Pitch Advisors, pitch advisory visits
- Approval of grounds as fit for cricket
- Raising the profile and promoting Grounds Maintenance across Somerset.
- Providing the ECB and the GMA with a local point of contact
- Duty of Care to all members
- Working in partnership with clubs and member bodies, implementing the SCB and ECB strategies
Current SCGA Officers
- Chairman Phil Mortimer
- Secretary Andy Curtis
- Event Organisers/General Committee- Jon Bendle, Dave Cobb, Dave Counsell, Nigel Mortimer & Andrew Fox
- Finance Officer- Kaye May (Somerset Cricket Board Accounts)
Affiliated membership to the Somerset Cricket Grounds Association is open to all bona fide cricketing organisations / clubs in Somerset and the membership fee is £5.00 per club to join. This is an annual fee and is included in the SCB affiliation fees.