Register as a Champion Club – If you are keen in either, please complete this short application http://tiny.cc/frisiz
Become a Champion Club
In Somerset we have two disability specific county teams; Somerset Disabled Cricket Club and Somerset Visually Impaired Cricket Club. During their history, both have been National Champions, with Somerset Visually Impaired CC now boasting three England players!
In addition to the County teams, we also have seven disability specific clubs that operate around the County that provide opportunities to play, but also opportunities to socialise, meet and make friends and have fun. All the things we take for granted when we join a sports a club. However, the opportunities for young people and adults to take part are limited.
Therefore, we are looking to launch our Club Champion scheme and ask that all our grass root cricket clubs promote these alternative opportunities to ensure that everyone can enjoy the game we all love.
How can your club help?
We understand that clubs and volunteers are often at capacity, so finding time and resource for anything new is a challenge. Therefore, to make it accessible to all clubs, we have divided our Champion Club into two levels. We are hope that all clubs can become a Silver Champion Club!
Champion Club Silver : Raising Awareness
- Display both the Somerset Disabled and Visually Impaired CC Posters in your club house
- Display the Super 1/All Ability Club Flyer in your clubhouse.
- Promote the above opportunities via your social media and club website
Champion Club Gold : Creating opportunities
- All tasks associated with the Entry Level
- Apply to host and run a summer of inclusive cricket at your club
- Volunteers will attend a training course
- The club will receive kit
- Support with promotion and links with local organisations
If you are keen in either, please complete this short application http://tiny.cc/frisiz