We are excited to share with you the news that club sign ups are now available for the existing ECB initiative All Stars Cricket and the brand new Dynamos cricket.
All Stars Cricket
All Stars Cricket (for 5-8 year olds) is the first step in the national pathway for cricket and is a key part of the ECB’s mission to “Inspire a generation of young people to forge a lifelong love of the game” by developing welcoming, inclusive, family friendly environments in clubs. With fun at its heart, the programme aims to inspire children aged five to eight to take up cricket, provide a great first experience of the game and engage with a new audience of potential volunteers.
The programme has seen a number in clubs grow their youth numbers and for some it has seen them start youth cricket at their club for the first time or after a number of years. For 2020, All Stars Cricket is very much business as usual with the majority of the programme remaining the same as 2019. Further details on All Stars Cricket can be found by visiting the All Stars Cricket Website
Details regarding club registration for All Stars is below the Dynamos Cricket Section.
Before Christmas, you may have attended the launch of Dynamos Cricket at The Cooper Associates County Ground in November run by the ECB. Dynamos Cricket is an exciting new programme for 8-11 year olds which will make cricket accessible for even more children throughout the country and provide the possible next step for those who have taken part in All Stars.
For children and parents it mirrors much of the All Stars Cricket programme but for the next age group up. For clubs it provides similar benefits to All Stars – kit, training, session plans etc – but also provides greater flexibility on price, timings and who it is offered to.
Clubs will receive:
- Dynamos Cricket equipment and resources provided at zero cost to the centre
- Easy-to-use online system and tools
- National marketing campaign and marketing guide to promote your centre locally
- Online and face-to-face volunteer training
- Dedicated member of County Cricket Board staff to help implement Dynamos Cricket at your centre
- Access to the Dynamos Cricket helpdesk
- Ability to cost the programme as they wish (£15 back to the ECB)
- £100 seed-funding on crowdfunding platform Spacehive
- Activators receive 20% off New Balance
How can it fit in at your club?
- Alongside what you already offer for 8-11 year olds, run as a participation programme for those young cricketers who are not ready for hardball cricket.
- Your club offer for 8-11 year olds becomes Dynamos Cricket or U8/U9 offer before the traditional Hardball U10/U11 offer
- As a summer holiday programme when traditionally junior cricket stops.
- As a girls only programme. All Stars Cricket has seen a large increase in the number of girls starting to play cricket and Dynamos provides an opportunity for girls to continue with cricket as a group rather than being in mixed teams which sees a far great drop off of girls.
Need More information on All Stars Cricket & Dynamos Cricket?
We are running 4, Club Development Roadshows in 2020 and both programmes will be discussed at these, along with other offers and information available to you for the 2020 season. This will be an opportunity to learn more about it and what it will bring to clubs.
The dates are below. You can click on a date to book onto the roadshow.
- South West – The Long Room. The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton- Monday 20th January
- North West – Lodway Cricket Club – Wednesday 22nd January
- North East – Bath Cricket Club – Wednesday 29th January
- South East – Yeovil Cricket Club – Wednesday 5th February
There is a Dynamos FAQS document which has been produced following the ECB Roadshows which is available here: Dynamos FAQs
There were also 7 short videos from the roadshow, if you were unable to attend:Introduction What Children Want For Clubs For Kids Supporting Volunteers Pricing and Flexibility Next Steps
How Do I Sign Up?
Registration for both All Stars and Dynamos Cricket is via Clubspark which has been successfully used over the past 3 years.
For those who have previously run an All Stars Cricket programme:
Your centre’s details will already be saved on Clubspark, and can be used for Dynamos Cricket registration. Please click below to sign in and follow the instructions to complete the initial registration phase.
For those clubs who have not previously ran an All Stars Cricket programme:
In order to run either All Stars Cricket or Dynamos Cricket, you will need to create a new account on Clubspark. Please click below to begin the sign-up process and follow the instructions.
Once registered you can begin start uploading your club documents on the checklist (First Aid/Insurance/Safe Hands Certificate) providing they are in date for the Summer which will cover both programmes for approval as well as setting up your 2020 programme for All Stars or Dynamos or both.
We strongly advise clubs who wish to run either programme to have their registration & programme(s) on the Clubspark system by 7th February 2020. Participant sign up is due to go live the final week of February for both All Stars & Dynamos so please do not advertise your programmes until sign up is live.
If you have any difficulties uploading sessions please let us know and we will do our best to load this for you if required.
The sooner clubs are signed up we can start implementing our School visits/promotions in your area.
Once signed up , ECB & SCB will provide updates, operational tips and guidance as well as local marketing ideas to help you fill your sessions, information regarding Activator sign-up process, when ECB open up kit orders and when children can book on your programme.
Any questions please contact Matt Counsell via email@example.com