Vitality U19 Club T20 is a vibrant competition that keeps young players in the game and gives them the chance take on leadership roles within their club.
The Vitality U19 Club T20, a vibrant competition that lets young players take ownership within their club, is coming back to Somerset in 2021 after shortened summer of action in 2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic which saw the Bridgwater Red Sox, Congresbury Cobras, Hinton Hornets & Yeovil Whirlwinds win their respective area competition,
What is U19T20?
Young players compete in fast paced matches with, and against, their friends in a great atmosphere. It offers a format of cricket to inspire and enthuse young people to stay in the game.
In 2018, over 650 clubs took part nationally, wearing coloured kit, playing music and smashing a pink ball around. U19T20 has had a positive impact on the game and helps to:
- Retain young players within the game by providing them with additional opportunities to play with friends
- Create exciting match day experiences.
- Create volunteering opportunities for young players within the club
Why do players love U19T20?
There are many reasons why players love U19T20. Some of the key areas are:
- Participating with friends from their own age group
- Competing against other peers
- The opportunity to play cricket in front of a good crowd
- The opportunity to create their own match day experience
- Player statistics at a county and national level
What can you expect if you enter?
Participating clubs can expect the following:
- Free online training for volunteers.
- Access to discounted T20 kit both locally & nationally
- A support package from ECB & SCB – including activation pack, player statistics package and interaction on social media.
- Additional development opportunities for the young players
- Pink U19T20 balls.
- 4 – 6 U19T20 fixtures, leading to a County Finals Day
Once clubs have entered, the Somerset Cricket Board will place teams into leagues based on geography, with fixtures to be played at convenient times for clubs between mid June and early August. Once again, the format of County Finals Day & any possible rounds after the group stages will be decided with a vote by the teams who have entered the competition.
Your U19 team will be invited to a launch meeting before the competition begins to help you take ownership of the competition and organise your own match day experience, which has seen clubs do some awesome things over the four years it has run.
My club are interested but not sure we have enough players?
The competition is open to any player between the age of 14-19. Teams are made up of mixed age groups and we are happy for amalgamated teams, enabling a joint club entry, which may suit smaller clubs to ensure your U19s have the opportunity to compete. This was done successfully in the Chew Valley previously, with a number of clubs merging to enter one area team.
How do you enter?
So, if your club would benefit from more players and more volunteers by being a part of the Vitality U19 Club T20 competition in 2021, then entry is now open with the entry deadline being 28th February.
The cost of entry to affiliated clubs is £45.00, which includes the provision of pink match balls for every game.
All clubs who opted not to play in 2020 but didn’t claim their refund are listed below and at the checkout on the entry form should chose offline payment so you get free entry in 2021.
|Shapwick & Polden Scorchers|
Still not sure?
If you are still not ready for “Blast Off” then watch this short video on what you could be involved in during the summer of 2020.